Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm A Newbie In Linux, And Just Downloaded The Knoppix Live Cd, And I Like It A Lot, But I've Got Some Problems, I'm Unable To Connect To The ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Hey Dude, Plz I NEED Help I'm A TOTAL Noob IN LINUX!!

Hi, I'm A Newbie In Linux, And Just Downloaded The Knoppix Live Cd, And I Like It A Lot, But I've Got Some Problems, I'm Unable To Connect To The Internet, I Have A Terayon TJ 715x Cable Modem, But I Don't Know Where To Start By Configuring IT At Linux, Through USB, My Ethernet Connection I'm Using For A Little Home Network, I'd Appreciate Every Little Help, Thnx.

*PS: My Sound Card I'm Also Unable To Configure, But Let's Just Start With The Modem Thing First. My SoundCard Is Sound Max Integrated Digital Audio. Tho I Don't Know How To Configure A New Driver At Linux, I'd Be Glad To Read A Step-By-Step Guide How To Enter To Sound Configuration And So... Thnx.

Re: Hey Dude, Plz I NEED Help I'm A TOTAL Noob IN LINUX!!

Quote Originally Posted by UnderDog1806
    Hi, I'm A Newbie In Linux, And Just Downloaded The Knoppix Live Cd, And I Like It A Lot, But I've Got Some Problems, I'm Unable To Connect To The Internet, I Have A Terayon TJ 715x Cable Modem, But I Don't Know Where To Start By Configuring IT At Linux, Through USB, My Ethernet Connection I'm Using For A Little Home Network, I'd Appreciate Every Little Help, Thnx.

*PS: My Sound Card I'm Also Unable To Configure, But Let's Just Start With The Modem Thing First. My SoundCard Is Sound Max Integrated Digital Audio. Tho I Don't Know How To Configure A New Driver At Linux, I'd Be Glad To Read A Step-By-Step Guide How To Enter To Sound Configuration And So... Thnx.
    Any Reason For Capitalizing Everything?
    Aside from that, I wasn't quite sure what you were talking about when it came to the cable modem. Is it a USB Cable Modem, or were those two different thoughts?

Any Reason For Capitalizing Everything?
    I thought maybe all the cap letters were code and when you put them together a hidden message would be revealed.

But alas, no.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close