Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Well, it wasn't exactly helpful Though knoppix is a better choice for starting out with, the STD edition is for someone who really needs all of those security apps....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Well, it wasn't exactly helpful

Though knoppix is a better choice for starting out with, the STD edition is for someone who really needs all of those security apps.
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

Just Joined!
    Yea I have a long way to go it seems, having trouble getting drivers installed for my wireless lan card. I,m doing alot of googling for info.

There are a ton of threads about wireless on this forum, use the search function. Also, checkout Ndiswrapper.
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

Just Joined!
    ndiswrapper, when i have it select the windoze driver for my wireless lan card says it can't use that driver. But I found a linux driver that I hope will work but it says stuff like using it as a module or linking it to the kernel, which is stuff that I need to learn about. I'll search the forums and linux sites. I have started reading and learning but I am a very new linux user. Also when I try the make in the driver as the readme says to do I get a bunch of errors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2