Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have knoppix 3.7 and it boots fine but the sound doesnt work. I have the sound blaster audigy ls sound card in my computer. At boot when its detecting ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

no sound in knoppix 3.7

i have knoppix 3.7 and it boots fine but the sound doesnt work. I have the sound blaster audigy ls sound card in my computer. At boot when its detecting hardware it says it doesnt detect the sound card. is there a driver i can download to get the sound to work or will a newer version of knoppix be able to detect this sound card?

Just Joined!
    Did you check if your sound card was pluged into the socket right? I couldn't start my GFX card either because it wasn't plugged in right...

Just Joined!
    what do you mean plugged in right? It works with suse 9.2 and windows xp ok its just knoppix doesnt detect it.

Just Joined!

No Sound

I am having the same problem. No sound with either Knoppix 3.4 or 4.0. Something about the modular sound card support not being there. Sound card is fine with SuSe and Win XP. I don't understand why this is a problem with Knoppix and not with other distros, especially when Knoppix is supposed to be an "ease of use" type distro?