Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I have KNOPPIX installed on my HDD, I got all of the windows drivers for my wireless network adapter from the linksys website. There are 4 different ones, there is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    kbk

Help with ndiswrapper

I have KNOPPIX installed on my HDD, I got all of the windows drivers for my wireless network adapter from the linksys website. There are 4 different ones, there is a version 1, 2 and 4 driver on there. I have tried all the different ones, but none seem to work. I start up the ndiswrapper and load them up and it says that no new device is found. Am I doing something wrong? Any help is appreciated, I've been trying to get this to work for a LONG time..

What is the model of your card?

kbk
    The model is WUSB54G.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    find the usbid with the command (as root) lspci then find exact match on this site and download driver sometimes all drivers don't work if you get them on your own for example from a disc provided with card

http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/m...dex.php/List#L
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

kbk
    Ok well I got something to work, but I still can't do anything online. I have configured and reconfigured the card many times and the last time I did it this is what iwconfig came up with:

Code:
    Wlan0:  IEEE 802.11g ESSID:  off/any
    mode:managed  Frequency:  2.462 GHz  access point:  00:00:00:00:00:00
    bit rate:  2 MB/s  RTS thr:  2432 B  fragment Thr:  2346 B  power management:  off   link quality:  100/100   signal level:  -64 dBm   Noise level:  -256 dBm  Rx invalid nwid:  0   Rx invalid crypt:  0   Rx invalid frag:  0
    Tx excessive retried:  5   invalid misc:  27    missed beacon:  0
    That is all copied work for work right from a paper that I wrote it all on, so it doesn't all appear just like that on the screen but all the info is there..

try this command as root:
    Code:
    iwconfig wlan0 essid my_essid
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

it looks like your card is fine you just need to tell it what access point to connect to. Use the iwconfig command like posted above. Then dhcpcd wlan0
    that should do it. Unless you have a WEP address you you do: iwconfig wlan0 key XXXXXXX where X is your key.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

kbk
    Before I can get to doing those things, I have another problem. I had to reboot my computer, and it undid everything I had done with ndiswrapper and iwconfig, so I reloaded the exact same driver as I did last night when I got it to work. It doesn't work. WHY?! and how do I fix it?! This is truly maddening, and I won't give up, I'm not going back to winblows..

just run # modprobe ndiswrapper as root when you reboot. Then at some point you need to tell your system to automatically load ndiswrapper at boot. I'm not sure with your distro how to do this but you could easily google it or someone else can tell you. Once you modprobe ndiswrapper then you should be all set to.

ifconfig wlan0 up
    iwconfig wlan "nameofessid"
    iwconfig wlan key "key"
    dhcpcd wlan0

ok

kbk
    Nevermind this post. I seem to have gotten back to where I was before and i am trying those codes. Thanks for the help, lets hope this works.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast