Find the answer to your Linux question:
As you may know I installed KNOPPIX 4.0.2 recently. I have been very pleased with everything thus far. However, there is no sound at all when I watch flash videos ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    kbk

No sound with some things in KNOPPIX

As you may know I installed KNOPPIX 4.0.2 recently. I have been very pleased with everything thus far. However, there is no sound at all when I watch flash videos or other things in Firefox. It does work with XMMS and the games that came with KNOPPIX, so what the heck?

kbk
    I tried downloading the Windows drivers for the card and using ndiswrapper on them, but it didn't work. My soundcard is an Intel i860 or something like that, it came with my Dell. Does anyone have any ideas??

Ndiswrapper is for wireless network cards, not sound cards. Make sure you only have one thing playing sound at a time, I've had problems with multiple programs trying to play sounds at the same time.

Other than that, it could be that you don't have the right plugins for firefox installed. Check synaptic (or kpackage) for the plugin packages.
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    kbk
    Yeah the ndiswrapper thing was just an idea my friend had. I did get sound to work though, I found out that because I was listening to a cd I couldn't get sound with other things. So I stopped listening to cds while I was trying to watch flash vids or whatever else..