Find the answer to your Linux question:
Sorry I am all new to this, but I downloaded the KNOPPIX_V4.0.2DVD-2005-09-23-EN unrar it and burned to a dvd. When I boot from the cd it takes me to Dos ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Knoppix Boots to Dos Help Please

Sorry I am all new to this, but I downloaded the KNOPPIX_V4.0.2DVD-2005-09-23-EN unrar it and burned to a dvd. When I boot from the cd it takes me to Dos instead of booting into linux. Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Banned
    rigght
    there could be two problems here
    1) is that you are actually at linux console, did you try any commands? ls ln etc??
    2) is that you burned it wrongly, you burn the iso to the cd, you do not select botable cd, you just do a straight burn

Just Joined!
    Yea I did burn it as a bootable disc. That probaly is the problem. Thanks much!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lexus37
    Yea I did burn it as a bootable disc. That probaly is the problem. Thanks much!
    yes that is the problem

just go to something like Burn an Image to CD
    or on the lines, then go find the .iso file, and it should start

what are you using to burn it?

Just Joined!
    I am using the newest version of nero. I see the iso files you are talking about, but nero does not pick it up when I try to burn image. There is one file that I used winrar to extract it. Are those the files I need?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lexus37
    I am using the newest version of nero. I see the iso files you are talking about, but nero does not pick it up when I try to burn image. There is one file that I used winrar to extract it. Are those the files I need?
    no, you do not extract it
    i think in the drop down bar at the bottom once you are looking for the image, you will have different images, you need to select iso

like this
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...tboy/nero6.jpg