Find the answer to your Linux question:
Am I able to make a server through Knoppix so that I can transfer files through to another computer? If so how? I'm new to Linux... very new as in... ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Quick Question About Servers

Am I able to make a server through Knoppix so that I can transfer files through to another computer? If so how? I'm new to Linux... very new as in... I have put it on my friends computer with no problem and made a mistake on my own machine so now I am forced to use Knoppix, so if the answer is yes, then how would I be able to set it up and everything?

I'm not sure what you're looking to set up here, do you want a file server for your home, or a web server for the internet? Both are possible, but I would recommend a Debian Install. Knoppix is debian based, but things will be cleaner with a debian install -you won't have to deal with Knoppix specialized packages conflicting with debian based packages.

Linux Newbie
    Basically, I'm trying to create a server which my other computer can access. And I have already tried to install Ubuntu, but made the mistake of putting it past the 1024 limit. SO, I'm stuck using LiveCDs until I can get this fix (see Grub Problems on the Debian help forum). Before I do anything though, I want to back up my data. I mean, I got most of it, but not all of it, and I don't want to lose all of it!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close