Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have KNOPPIX v 4.0.2 (HDD install) and it freezes alot. I just re-installed it 2 days ago, and it is still happening. Before it seemed like it happened when ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    kbk

Freezing

I have KNOPPIX v 4.0.2 (HDD install) and it freezes alot. I just re-installed it 2 days ago, and it is still happening. Before it seemed like it happened when I was using the internet heavily, but now seems to just happen randomly, and frequently. Anyone know/have any idea why?

kbk
    Anyone know? Will switching distros help? I dunno what to do, this is seriously pissing me off!

it is the same for me when I dont use it on my laptop

oz
    forum.guy
    Not sure what the problem might be but if you like the debian-fork stuff, maybe try a netinstall of pure Debian:

http://www.debian.org/distrib/netinst

I usually use the "businesscard.iso" because it only gives me what I need on the CD to actually boot the system and then everything else (including the kernel) comes straight out of the repo.

kbk
    I can't do a netinstall because I need ndiswrapper to set up my wlan. I have Debian cds, all 14 of them. Every time I try to install it with ndiswrapper though it doesn't work. I think I did something wrong before though... Anyways, you think switching to regular Debian will make a difference?