Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey is it just me or does the hd install of knoppix freeze alot??...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

BRRRRRR this thing is cold

hey is it just me or does the hd install of knoppix freeze alot??

It's you

Seriously, though, I used knoppix for a little bit and didn't have any problems. Are you getting any error messages? What are your sistem specs?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by psic
    It's you

Seriously, though, I used knoppix for a little bit and didn't have any problems. Are you getting any error messages? What are your sistem specs?
    Im useing P3 800, 256 ram, 30 gig hds, 64 meg ati Rage 7200 video, sound blaster 16 sound card. No error just locks up frequently, and i dont even need 2 be doing anything.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Strange, it should run OK on those specs (though maybe a tad slow if you have too much KDE eyecandy). It might be a hardware problem (ram, disk, motherboard, etc.), though it's hard to say. It could also be some buggy program or something... Sorry I can't help more, in your place I'd probably try reinstalling or trying some other distro (perhaps just a newer version of knoppix). If the problem keeps popping up in different distros, it is almost definitley hardware related.

Just Joined!
    thx ill try another distro then

Just Joined!

Cdrom issues

It sounds like you might be having disk errors or cdrom drive problems. I have had the same problems with that in windows systems. Try switching disks and then maybe using a spare cdrom drive. Also i had problems with the installer freezing due to the way I partitioned the drive. Make sure all of the settings with that are correct.

Just Joined!
    i reverted to 3.8 from 4.0 and it works, well it wuz workin... it still freezes at times, also mozilla closes randomly any ideas???