Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey there all. im trying 2 set up a second floppy drive, how? please speak newbish...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Floppy x2

hey there all. im trying 2 set up a second floppy drive, how?
    please speak newbish

How do you normally mount a floppy? If you use a GUI, you will have to edit your /etc/fstab file. As root, open it up, and find the line which begins with

/dev/fd0

add another line exactly like it, but instead of /dev/fd0 and /mnt/floppy (this might be a bit different depending on the distro, I can't remember what it looks like in knoppix) use /dev/fd1 /mnt/floppy2. Basically, /dev/fd0 is the first floppy device, /dev/fd1 is the second.

Note that you will have to create the directory /mnt/floppy2.

If you wanted to mount a floppy to /mnt/floppy via the CLI, just do mount /dev/fd1 /mnt/floppy

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by psic
    How do you normally mount a floppy? If you use a GUI, you will have to edit your /etc/fstab file. As root, open it up, and find the line which begins with

/dev/fd0

add another line exactly like it, but instead of /dev/fd0 and /mnt/floppy (this might be a bit different depending on the distro, I can't remember what it looks like in knoppix) use /dev/fd1 /mnt/floppy2. Basically, /dev/fd0 is the first floppy device, /dev/fd1 is the second.

Note that you will have to create the directory /mnt/floppy2.

If you wanted to mount a floppy to /mnt/floppy via the CLI, just do mount /dev/fd1 /mnt/floppy
    normally the 1st floppy is atomaticaly ther on desktop. no need 2 do anything to it. and i dont understand the msg b4. every time i enter ant of the things above i get PERMISSION DENIED