Find the answer to your Linux question:
I would like to play chess on linux..I have dsl on hd and downloaded eboard..the board opens but the crafty engine included does not run..I clicked crafty in peer.play engine..it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

eboard on damnsmall

I would like to play chess on linux..I have dsl on hd and downloaded eboard..the board opens but the crafty engine included does not run..I clicked crafty in peer.play engine..it said at the bottom starting engine them failed to run engine..may be a path issue...I am new to linux and know little about how to correct or set the path..do I need additional files not mentioned..is ram or drivespace to be considered...can someone help me get the engine to fire up..thanks..

Banned
    the exact error would be very useful

Just Joined!

eboard

engine started...
    failed to run engine..

same for all engines..this is a hd install not a frugal install.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

additional info

Files found:
    usr/games/crafty
    crafty.bin
    eboard
    eboard add themes
    note if I execute crafty here in an Xterm it appears to be functional..ie I make a move and type display and see that the move has been made

usr/share/games/eboard

should there be a dir added in eboard called craftylog?

var/lib/crafty/book.bin
    books.bin
    booklrn
    positionbin

The board works and the engine appears to be working but the engine does not start when I open the eboard and goto peer play engine crafty and click ok...I think it is a path issue due to the hd install but do not know..asking for assistance to connect the board with engine.

Just Joined!
    I have solved this myself...copy book.bin and books.bin fromvar/lib/crafty to hidden eboard and type crafty in the engine tab and click ok..