Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm horribly new at this, but here we go... I'm running Knoppix off a CD I burned myself and I really like it, except there are two problems- 1. The ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Audio and drive problems

I'm horribly new at this, but here we go... I'm running Knoppix off a CD I burned myself and I really like it, except there are two problems-

1. The audio isn't working at all.
    2. It isn't recognizing the DVD/CD burning drive.

So... yeah. Does anyone know why or how I could fix it? I'm running a 2-3 year old standard Dell desktop if that helps. Thanks!

Just Joined!
    did u ever get audio? one guy said to run 'alsaconf' under the penguin's 'root shell' thingie - which i tried, and it was impressive, what it did, but alas, it didn't give me sound - so i'm just going through these posts page by page (there's over 600, sadly) - and i'm disheartened to notice your post didn't even have a reply - please let me know if you gave up or solved the no-audio problem - jerit

Just Joined!
    You dont have to search the posts page by page, unless you want too. Look at the toolbar in the top right corner, click on search this forum, and type in what you are looking for. If you dont get the results you want , try wording the search a little different.