Find the answer to your Linux question:
Greetings, All. I have dabbled with Knoppix but doing this in Linux is over my head. I think I could do this with Norton on Windows, but I want to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Reading NTFS data from corrupted disk

Greetings, All.
    I have dabbled with Knoppix but doing this in Linux is over my head. I think I could do this with Norton on Windows, but I want to learn.

I had a Win2K installation and I started dabbling with Asterisk. I burned the asterisk@home disk threw it in and went for it expecting a choice of which hard drive to install to.

Nope.

I lost the formating info and the file tables, but not much made it onto the drive so I assume most of the information is still there.
    I was able to read the drive from Knoppix, and some CentOS did make it on.

I looked through the menus and didn't see anything obvious, so I would like help on how to get info off the drive that I hadn't backed up yet.

Thanks

Jason

oz
    forum.guy
    Just something for you to try, but you might be able to boot Knoppix, click on the desktop icon to the partition or drive you want to fetch files from, then use the Konqueror File Manager to drag and drop (or copy and paste) the files to a known good partition or drive.
    oz

Just Joined!
    I have done that, and all I can see is some linux folders.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    Which folders are the files you want in?

Edit: I guess I'm not understanding the problem. Are the files you want on Windows partitions?
    Last edited by oz; 03-03-2006 at 02:20 AM.
    oz

Just Joined!
    There was a folder on the admins desktop, and I am not sure where the basic stamp files are, and nothing was encrypted.

Yes, the information was on a windows partition until it was reformatted by a Asterisk@Home, which is CentOS.