Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, i currently found a toshiba laptop running Win98 SE. I was wondering if its possible to install Knoppix 3.7 on here so i can dual boot them. If so ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing Knoppix 3.7 on Laptop

Hi, i currently found a toshiba laptop running Win98 SE. I was wondering if its possible to install Knoppix 3.7 on here so i can dual boot them. If so how would i go about this or can anyone show me another site/tutorial where i can find out.

I'm having trouble booting Knoppix from the cd. It freezes and the last thing it says is:

"ACPI Bios found, activating modules: ac battery button fan processor thermal"

Thanks for any help posted.

oz
    forum.guy
    Yes it should be possible to dual boot Win98/Knoppix. You might want to check out a newer version of Knoppix, though, as 3.7 is working its way towards 2 years old now. To make Knoppix boot, you may need to disable ACPI either through the computer BIOS, or by using the cheatcodes available throught the F-keys and other typed entries right before the CD begins to boot.

Here's the latest Knoppix cheatcodes but they might be different from those on the 3.7 CD:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/dist/knopp...cheatcodes.txt
    oz