Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ive just downloaded Knoppix Live CD Ver 5.01 CD. I need to include a script right after OS boots, but I need to include it before burning the CD. This ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to include Script in a Knoppix Live CD?

Ive just downloaded Knoppix Live CD Ver 5.01 CD. I need to include a script right after OS boots, but I need to include it before burning the CD. This script must be executed automatically right after the OS finishes loading and login into the desktop.

Can someone provide assistance please?

oz
    forum.guy
    I'm really not sure how to do it, but take a look at this HowTo to see if it will help:

http://www.oreillynet.com/sysadmin/b...out_remas.html
    oz

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ozar
    I'm really not sure how to do it, but take a look at this HowTo to see if it will help:

http://www.oreillynet.com/sysadmin/b...out_remas.html

It was very helpful indeed now I know how to include it....the problem now is that I cant use the script I made....

This script was designed to destroy all information inside the target computer but now is not doing it....here is the script:

mkfs.ext2 /dev/hda1 -q
    mkfs.ext2 /dev/hda2 -q
    mkfs.ext2 /dev/hda3 -q
    mkfs.ext2 /dev/hda4 -q
    mkfs.ext2 /dev/hda5 -q
    mkfs.ext2 /dev/hda6 -q

Its telling something like: this is not a block address drive or something like that....whats happening? I also tried to add an umount command to unmount all the partitions before formating but then I get an error like: partition not mounted....so I guess it does not mount them before desktop starts so I take that part out.

Just Joined!
    bump bump bump