Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I recently downloaded Knoppix 5.0.1 on a CD and I tried to run it and everything runs as expected until the part where you can begin to see the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Knoppix Restoring Session Hang

Hi, I recently downloaded Knoppix 5.0.1 on a CD and I tried to run it and everything runs as expected until the part where you can begin to see the desktop and in the box it says "Restoring Session" thats when my mouse halts and my keyboard as well and the computer basicly crashes. I'm pretty sure its not the CD because I burned it twice and the same problem was happening. Is there anyway around this problem? Help would greatly be apprieciated.

Not sure if the specs would be of any help but here they are:
    Pentium 4 2.8Ghz w/ HT
    1.12 GB RAM

Thanks in advance!

Just Joined!
    Sounds like you may have a corrupt download, if youve burnt it twice, and it hangs in the same spot. Did you run the Md5 sums check on the downloaded file? Check here for how to:
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ins...nstall-cd.html
    Also you can check the cd for burn errors . At the boot prompt , from the splash screen, type: knoppix testcd , this will tell you if there are any errors. Try burning next time at a slower speed, youll have alot less coasters in your collection, ive got a lifetime supply. lol If the download was bad, maybe try another mirror.

Just Joined!
    Hmm, all the MD5 sums checked out, wasted 4 CDs and 1 DVD in the end, but i figured it out I bootd it up with the "knoppix acpi=off" and it works excellent but with this option I can't make use of the HT since it doesn't support it I guess it only detects one logical processor whereas before it would detect two.

Thanks anyway

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close