Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I want to install knoppix on VMware. So first I tried It myself. I partitioned the disk (virtual VMwaredisk):2GB for the main partition(set as boot), 260MB for the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation Knoppix on VMware: requirements problem

Hi all,

I want to install knoppix on VMware.
    So first I tried It myself. I partitioned the disk (virtual VMwaredisk):2GB for the main partition(set as boot), 260MB for the SWAP space. I set the first partition to ext3 and the second to linux swap. Then I typed knoppix-installer.
    But it everytimes say that I dont have the minimum requirements :s but I think I have.
    So I searched here on the forum and found this topic: http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/kno...p-me-pliz.html
    I followed it exactly, but still the same problem.

In vmware I choosed "Other 2.6.x kernel" and the drive I created was an IDE.
    Does anyone knows what the problem could be? I also saw some error messages telling me that it wasnt possible to write the logfile because the directory doesnt exist(I thought it should be possible because there is a virtual drive).

Help is very appreciated! Im in my exams now :s

Just Joined!
    Hey, I got the same problem, but finally I have the solve. I am running the 3.9 version of knoppix in a Vmware 5.5. When you configure the lenght of the hard disk, working with 3.9 version, you have a script that guide you in the installation. When you arrive at the point of your problem, you will see that appears a window where you can choose to do a parttition of your hard disk, choose it, and will appear a window with to partition, one of you primary system, and other of your virtual machine. Choose this last, and with the righ button, you must be able of configure this partition.
    Sorry for my bad english, hoppe that I helped you!!

Just Joined!
    I solved the problem myself already.
    (sorry for forgetting to post the solution)

I had to take fixed drive in my VM(the whole disk is created directly).

and then everything went fine

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close