Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello Knoppix is an old friend of mine. So far i have only used the CD version. As i have NO INTERNET CONNECTION AT HOME i would like to use ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Knoppix 5--DVD Download from where?

Hello
    Knoppix is an old friend of mine. So far i have only used the CD version. As i have NO INTERNET CONNECTION AT HOME i would like to use the Knoppix DVD version for a full install. BUT, no matter at which server i try to download the DVD-image it rejects my download manager (GetRight as i am downloading at my workplace with win2k machine). Can anyone help me on this and suggest where from i can download knoppix-dvd (knoppix dvd is not available in our market, otherwise i would have got it for some money).

I would use the wget version for windows, or maybe getright can't handle such a big file.
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Linux Newbie

Smile

Perhaps you can try P2P/Bittorrent or Emule.

http://www.tlm-project.org/public/di...-01-EN.torrent

On Linux you can use D4X or Prozilla.
    Search for the nearest HTTP mirrors to your country.

http://www.knopper.net/knoppix-mirrors/

Just Joined!
    Copy the url for the download, and simply open getright and click on file - enter url for download location. Easy as that Goodluck