Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok i know this is a noob question but oh well.ok i have it burned to a cd and im possitive it works because i tryed it on 2 of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Noob question

ok i know this is a noob question but oh well.ok i have it burned to a cd and im possitive it works because i tryed it on 2 of my friends computer a desktop and a laptop. on the laptop it booted up automatically and on the desktop we pressed F12 the chose to boot up from a cd and it ran.but when i try those things on my computer it boots up windows automaticly. so what do i change and where to make the knoppix cd boot up first. oh and im running windows xp home edition sp2 if that matters

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by freestyle_rider9999
    ok i know this is a noob question but oh well.ok i have it burned to a cd and im possitive it works because i tryed it on 2 of my friends computer a desktop and a laptop. on the laptop it booted up automatically and on the desktop we pressed F12 the chose to boot up from a cd and it ran.but when i try those things on my computer it boots up windows automaticly. so what do i change and where to make the knoppix cd boot up first. oh and im running windows xp home edition sp2 if that matters
    You need to change the order of booting devices in BIOS. Press DEL when the computer is starting and put CDROM in front of HDD in the boot priority menu. Then save and you should be allright.