Find the answer to your Linux question:
I installed knoppix on the HD but it doesn't boot. I wanted to install the loader to a floppy but that did not seem to be an option. I did ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question getting installed knoppix to boot

I installed knoppix on the HD but it doesn't boot. I wanted to install the loader to a floppy but that did not seem to be an option. I did not install the loader to the MBR because XP never likes that. I chose the other option install to root. How do I get it to boot and how can I get a loader onto a floppy or CD?

Quote Originally Posted by kmbois
    I did not install the loader to the MBR because XP never likes that.
    XP doesn't create any problem if you install Boot Loader in MBR. it works perfectly.
    check this link to install Boot Loader in Floppy.
    i would suggest you install GRUB in MBR.

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!

Question I have had trouble when I need to reinstall XP, which does happen occaisonally

Is there a way to creat the boot on a floppy or CD from the Knoppix live CD? I do have two CD burners.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I have had trouble when I need to reinstall XP, which does happen occaisonally
    this is a comman problem. uninstall GRUB, fix Windoes and re-install GRUB. its easy.

Is there a way to creat the boot on a floppy or CD from the Knoppix live CD? I do have two CD burners.
    try 'Smart Boot Manger'. burn it to CD and boot from it. it will recognize installed OS' and provide you choice to boot up any.

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First