Find the answer to your Linux question:
I recently had a secondary hard drive i had installed on my desktop fail. I had a similar problem with my work laptop...after informing my boss he did some searching ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can't Mount Drive

I recently had a secondary hard drive i had installed on my desktop fail. I had a similar problem with my work laptop...after informing my boss he did some searching and came across knoppix...we were able to recover the data from my laptop (I had not been in the office for 7 months to make a reliable backup) and I could not have been happier because i really didn't want to lose 7 months worth of work. Back to the current problem. I tried following the same process to try and access my corrupted drive...basically it's a drive that all my music and dvd backups are on. I went into knoppix and began to mount the drive. However the following error came up

Failed to Open inode $MFTMirr:Input/Output Error
    Failed to Load $MFTMirr: Input/Output Error
    Failed to Startup Volume

From there it told me that it could not mount the drive and thus I was not able to view the files that are on the drive

Any thoughts would be very helpful

Even 'm experiencing the same prob!!.. any one PLZ Help@!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmjg321
    I recently had a secondary hard drive i had installed on my desktop fail. I had a similar problem with my work laptop...after informing my boss he did some searching and came across knoppix...we were able to recover the data from my laptop (I had not been in the office for 7 months to make a reliable backup) and I could not have been happier because i really didn't want to lose 7 months worth of work. Back to the current problem. I tried following the same process to try and access my corrupted drive...basically it's a drive that all my music and dvd backups are on. I went into knoppix and began to mount the drive. However the following error came up

Failed to Open inode $MFTMirr:Input/Output Error
    Failed to Load $MFTMirr: Input/Output Error
    Failed to Startup Volume

From there it told me that it could not mount the drive and thus I was not able to view the files that are on the drive

Any thoughts would be very helpful

dude ..think u'v installed that on hdd.. right..eh?? try that one in live mode & check.. Some times it might work(in live)..