Find the answer to your Linux question:
To all geeks, wizards, and gurus, When i finally got hold of my new Knoppix livecd and went ahead with installation, it went upto the point, of saying Boot.... and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy motherboard problem...? can't run knoppix live cd...? help newbie

To all geeks, wizards, and gurus,

When i finally got hold of my new Knoppix livecd and went ahead with installation, it went upto the point, of saying

Boot.... and then, this came up.

PCI unable to handle 64 bit address space

I have a C2D intel CPU, with an Intel DG965RY motherboard. And i ain't that rich to go for anything more than the onboard graphics chip. So my graphics card is what my MoBo gives me. Does this motherboard have issues with linux...?

What could be possibly wrong..?

Please help me. I so badly want to jump onto the linux bandwagon and stop making Bill Gates so damned rich..

But i seem to be running into problems even with a livecd.

I haven't tried installing my any other distros. Haven't downloaded anything else so far.

you already posted same problem here. did you try the anomie's suggestions? please dont double post.

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    oh yes, i did.

I did more than that. i tried all cheatcodes possible, my knoppix version is a 2003 build. still the same trouble. Can someone help me please.

and sorry for the double post. i just thought this being a specific thread for knoppix, i might get more help here too.

Quote Originally Posted by devils_casper
    you already posted same problem here. did you try the anomie's suggestions? please dont double post.

casper

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close