Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello. I am on Knoppix live cd for online banking. Sometimes it is obligatory to use IE. Because the bank page doesnt open in FF or Opera. Can I install ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Knoppix Internet Explorer

Hello. I am on Knoppix live cd for online banking. Sometimes it is obligatory to use IE. Because the bank page doesnt open in FF or Opera. Can I install IE on knoppix and how? Additionalyy, I hate IE, never use it. But as mentioned it is sometimes necessary.

you would have to install wine first. after that you can install ie (do a google search, there are tons of sites). Have you tried the opera ability to "pretend" to be a different browser to trick sites like that?

You might try emailing the banking and telling them that millions of people use linux, OSX, etc that don't have IE. No one may have ever asked them to change.

*update*
    firefox can do it too http://chrispederick.com/work/useragentswitcher/
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

There's also a project dedicated to running IE on Linux. It's called IEs4Linux but it does involve using Wine. I actually managed to get it to work once and it performed quite nicely.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    i think even konqueror can do that it van identify itself as another browser