Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

video output options

ok guys i just got done assembling a mythbox running knoppmyth which is based from knoppix linux. it installed just fine using the composite ouput on my radeon 9200 however once it rebooted i get garbled screen. so i suppose the question here is there any way in a knoppix tools set to setup my video output for ntsc-d on the composite output without manualy editing my Xconfig files.

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ssjwizard
    ok guys i just got done assembling a mythbox running knoppmyth which is based from knoppix linux. it installed just fine using the composite ouput on my radeon 9200 however once it rebooted i get garbled screen. so i suppose the question here is there any way in a knoppix tools set to setup my video output for ntsc-d on the composite output without manualy editing my Xconfig files.
    There might be a few options...
    If your entire screen is garbled, how can you do anything except by the editing your .conf files. Perhaps system-config-display works with Knoppix?
    1) Can you edit GRUB to take you to runlevel 3?
    2) From your garbled screen, can you ctrl+alt+backspace to kill the displaymangager and get to the terminal? If not, can you try ctrl+alt+F3 to get to a different runlevel?

It looks like no one knows how to fix this. I have never used tivo so I rally have no idea how to use myth.

I don't even have that kind of video card, just thought you'd like something to think about until someone of real technical competence replies..

Just Joined!
    well i managed to get it fixed. i used CTRL ALT 2 used wget to grab the ati driver and converted it to a .deb from the rpm with alien and then used aticonfig to set the resolution and output source.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close