Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok guys i just got done assembling a mythbox running knoppmyth which is based from knoppix linux. it installed just fine using the composite ouput on my radeon 9200 however ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

video output options

ok guys i just got done assembling a mythbox running knoppmyth which is based from knoppix linux. it installed just fine using the composite ouput on my radeon 9200 however once it rebooted i get garbled screen. so i suppose the question here is there any way in a knoppix tools set to setup my video output for ntsc-d on the composite output without manualy editing my Xconfig files.

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ssjwizard
    ok guys i just got done assembling a mythbox running knoppmyth which is based from knoppix linux. it installed just fine using the composite ouput on my radeon 9200 however once it rebooted i get garbled screen. so i suppose the question here is there any way in a knoppix tools set to setup my video output for ntsc-d on the composite output without manualy editing my Xconfig files.
    There might be a few options...
    If your entire screen is garbled, how can you do anything except by the editing your .conf files. Perhaps system-config-display works with Knoppix?
    1) Can you edit GRUB to take you to runlevel 3?
    2) From your garbled screen, can you ctrl+alt+backspace to kill the displaymangager and get to the terminal? If not, can you try ctrl+alt+F3 to get to a different runlevel?

It looks like no one knows how to fix this. I have never used tivo so I rally have no idea how to use myth.

I don't even have that kind of video card, just thought you'd like something to think about until someone of real technical competence replies..

Just Joined!
    well i managed to get it fixed. i used CTRL ALT 2 used wget to grab the ati driver and converted it to a .deb from the rpm with alien and then used aticonfig to set the resolution and output source.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close