Find the answer to your Linux question:
HELP PLS all the boards say my card will work i no it does in linspire 5 what i need is to install knoppix5 get it to load faster then ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question motorola wn825gv2 wireless card

HELP PLS all the boards say my card will work i no it does in linspire 5 what i need is to install knoppix5 get it to load faster then get it to let me use my wireless card. what i want to do sometime is make my own with the stuff i like an that i use can any one help a newbie pls.

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by junk
    HELP PLS all the boards say my card will work i no it does in linspire 5 what i need is to install knoppix5 get it to load faster then get it to let me use my wireless card. what i want to do sometime is make my own with the stuff i like an that i use can any one help a newbie pls.
    wow, it sounds like you have a few issues that you really should address one at a time.

As I understand, you have four issues that you are trying to resolve.

1) You want to connect wireless in Knoppix 5 using a hard drive install instead of a live boot so that you can speed up. Too easy.
    Hit ctrl+alt+F2 and type 'knoppix-installer'

2) From your other post, you were talking about 'dma' what is the problem exactly? If it is simply your screen resolution, try "knoppix vga=normal" or "knoppix fb600x800"

3) To connect wireless, you will need to know the chipset of your wireless adapter, and perhaps the windows driver through ndiswrapper. Search these forums for "ndiswrapper" for a tutorial. Then try iwconfig from the command line because kwifimanager doesn't always work.

4) In order to customize your own Knoppix based distribution, you need to be familiar with apt. I found a great tutorial, at leasr I think its great but I haven't actually done it yet, right there on the Knoppix website. Its a wiki to you shouldn't have any issues once you decide to embark upon your endeavor...