Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just Downloaded Knoppix version 5.1.1. My computer is currently running Windows XP. When I boot straight from the CD knoppix loads but then gives me a file sytem error ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Error Booting Knoppix from CD on Windows XP

I just Downloaded Knoppix version 5.1.1. My computer is currently running Windows XP. When I boot straight from the CD knoppix loads but then gives me a file sytem error . Cannot find files so will boot to a minimum kernel. Does anyone know how to fix this problem . Also is there a command I need to enter at the Knoppix_ prompt. Any suggestion on using something like knoppix to use on a currently installed Windows machine?

Just Joined!
    I ran into the same thing. I was dropped down to a minimal command prompt. I'm trying to use knoppix to repartition my hd. I've also tried loading FC5 and use the partition mg. on the free space available and wasn't allowed to do that either. So, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Linux Newbie
    Have a look at this http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Downloading_FAQ . Possible causes are incorrect burning ie. burn as iso or cd image, don't just copy files to cd also burning at too high a speed - faq states x4 but I use x12 with no problems. Possible that you need to boot with this cheat code knoppix nodma -see this http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Using_FAQ
    Elive,kanotix-mini,pclinuxos super gamer,xp, sidux

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Thanks for the tips. I was able to load Knoppix 4.0 and access the qtparted tool. First I'm going to test it on a spare machine before trying my everyday pc. I'll post what happens.