Find the answer to your Linux question:
I download Knoppix 5.1 DVD and boot my system with it , everything is OK and work good but I do not know how I can use or enable xgl ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

knoppix DVD 5.1 and xgl and compiz

I download Knoppix 5.1 DVD and boot my system with it , everything is OK and work good but I do not know how I can use or enable xgl or compiz

my agp is nvidia gforce 6600 , PCI express

in ubuntu I type future in terminal and I can use xgl but I do not know what I must do in knoppix

I read this news in distrowatch

Klaus Knopper has announced the release of KNOPPIX 5.1.0 live CD and DVD: "Finally, it's done. Just in the past couple of months, there has been quite a lot of new and exciting development in the GNU/Linux world, which of course should also be present in the current KNOPPIX version, even if some of the new and optional features (like the 3D desktop with Beryl) are still experimental. New kernel, KDE and OpenOffice.org releases have spoilt our planned release dates, but now all these are available in the new release. New: update to Debian Etch; Linux kernel 2.6.19.1 + FUSE 2.6.1; Cloop 2.05 real-time decompression; replace Unionfs with Aufs...." See the comprehensive release notes for more details.