Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I don't want to sound idiotic, however, after burning iso and saw the KNOPPIX_V5.1.1CD-2007-01-04-EN.iso on your cd did you test it at least once or just assumed it was bad. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I don't want to sound idiotic, however, after burning iso and saw the KNOPPIX_V5.1.1CD-2007-01-04-EN.iso on your cd did you test it at least once or just assumed it was bad. And then double check on Windows the cd and see the icons. I mean on the desktop click on the cd icon. If it's just one file then it's a bad burn. I did not see that you made any testing.

Where did you download?
    check here.

Wink Coasters

hi all again.

yes i have checked the individual growing collections of coasters all on my home pc-they all say i have knoppix_Cd_5.XXX.iso etc with a little cd icon on them the files are impossible to open. The problem seems to be as one of you wrote-the .iso is not divided into folders etc. and all of the coasters are not bootable.

last night I downlaoded a C++ development tool and it runs fine on my computer so there is no "corruption" in my downloading method, although i have not yet verified with the md5 files my .iso of the knoppix disk/coasters.

thanks for your help so far guys!

still struggling....
    Xrayman

Talking thanks for the information guys

Quote Originally Posted by amantonas
    Sonic doesn't have a Burn image feature. I had to order cds from the Ubuntu website (they are free) and install those. Then, it comes with an image burner. Don't use sonic, it'll just mess up the cd.

Oh well that seems to make sense! i'm using the wrong software! damn.

okay and thanks for that info, btw I ordered an "Edubuntu"(or whatever it's called) disk-those people should be awarded for their free distribution!

hey, ......... thanks for the data on the free open source cd software-I love free software

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrayman
    The problem seems to be as one of you wrote-the .iso is not divided into folders etc. and all of the coasters are not bootable.
    There should be multiple files on the CD after burning. Look at this thread for proper instructions on burning an ISO image to CD:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ins...nstall-cd.html
    oz

Infra Recorder seems to work!

Quote Originally Posted by ozar
    There should be multiple files on the CD after burning. Look at this thread for proper instructions on burning an ISO image to CD:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ins...nstall-cd.html
    Hello again, and Hi ozar.

well after some work, I downloaded the CD/DVD burning software(as suggested by TechMan-thank you! ) and i burned a DVD of simplyMEPIS. i have a boot folder and a few others! tonight I'll check the booting of the DVD on my home pc and tell you if i have succeeded.

Fingers crossed!

Thank you all for your help.

i checked out the link-yes i should have located it beforehand-sorry.

DVD burn success

Hi,

last night I burned a disk using InfraRecorder. the burn image option fixed the coaster problem-mepis runs fine! today i'll try the knoppix download .iso and see what happens.

cheers

X

oz
    forum.guy
    Hope it works out this time and your coaster manufacturing days have come to an end.

Let us know if you should run into any problems.
    oz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2