Find the answer to your Linux question:
Through some options wrangling, I've managed to setup Knoppix to PXE boot most of the way. I'm having some problems with root filesystem, but that's a separate issue. The main ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Knoppix, PXE, serial console - no keyboard response?

Through some options wrangling, I've managed to setup Knoppix to PXE boot most of the way. I'm having some problems with root filesystem, but that's a separate issue. The main showstopper is that there is absolutely no response to typing on the keyboard over the console.

hardware = dell poweredge 1950 and console is on DRAC5 IE active-X plugin.

(I see all the video output over drac fine, but it doesn't accept keyboard typing through the DRAC virtual console).

Any ideas?
    Here's my current extremely long and probably overly verbose list of append options.
    append secure nfsdir=10.255.4.10:/export/knoppix nodma nopcmcia nousb nofirewire noaudio nodosswap noagp noapm noswap noideraid nofstab nohome debug -b 3 apci=off apm=power-off wheelmouse nomce lang=us ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init vga=0 initrd=minirt.gz BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix

Just Joined!
    Hi, I'm having the same problem: absolutely no keyboard response on the console. Only the CTL+ALT+F7 or the ALT+SysReq yield any response.
    Is there anyone out there having an answer ?