Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi i`m just discovering the knoppix 4.0 and i have something going bad.my hdd is broken so my pc dosent recognise it and neither the windows xp or vista.but when ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Post Sound and video problems

Hi i`m just discovering the knoppix 4.0 and i have something going bad.my hdd is broken so my pc dosent recognise it and neither the windows xp or vista.but when i start the knoppix 4.0 live cd i can see my hdd and i can wach videos.but there seems to be a problem whit the playback.u can see the movie but it is like there are missing frames from the vide and the audio too.the movies work because i have seen them whit vista and xp.and i can`t open the mp3 files too.there is a player starting and nothig no sound no activity from the player only a messege that the sound settings are not working.iet that would be not a problem if i could change my settings.....but i can`t because i`m not the root user.and i cant log in like that.
    the rest is going well but stiil i`m not proud for all this years of using windows....there is a limit in that program...u can`t use it like this one...besides i`m runnig knoppix onli for one week but i love it. and sorry for my english but i can`t speek wery well

Hi gyik,

Welcome to the LinuxForums.

i suggest you to try latest version of Knoppix, 5.x.x. its possible that version 4 is not configuring your machine's hardware properly,
    try alsamixer, alsaconfig commands in Terminal.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First