Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, Can anyone help me to configure broadband internet connection step by step in knoppix live cd. I'm a newbie to linux. at present i'm having broadband in WIN XP ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How Can I Setup Broadband Internet Connection

Hello,

Can anyone help me to configure broadband internet connection step by step in knoppix live cd.

I'm a newbie to linux.
    at present i'm having broadband in WIN XP with LAN

Please help me in detail

thanks in advance

To make the connection:

1. Make sure the Ethernet cable from the ADSL router is connected to the computer's Ethernet adapter.
    2. Start Knoppix. It should detect the network card, and then obtain an IP address automatically from the ADSL router.
    3. If you have not already done so, use a web browser to visit the ADSL router's configuration page. To learn about the web browsers included in Knoppix, see the later section, “Browsing the World Wide Web”. Enter the necessary information on the configuration page to make the connection to your ISP.
    4. You're done! As long as the “upstream” connection to the Internet is working, you will be connected to the Internet.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Knowing_Knoppix/Networking
    $Billz

How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood? None they eat plants!

Dell Optiplex GX260, LTSP Diskless Workstation, Fedora Core 6