Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just started using Knoppix today, to see what it's like. So far, so good. The only problem was earlier I saved my config file while I had no data ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Persistent Mode Help

I just started using Knoppix today, to see what it's like. So far, so good. The only problem was earlier I saved my config file while I had no data to save. I don't really remember where I/it saved it, and I don't know if it can be deleted. I also saved persistent mode image on my usb flash drive, but it doesn't load what I last had. I believe it's loading the config file each time because at the startup menu right after it says "Starting up Linux....." it says "Loading" some .gz file, which I believe is the config. If someone can tell me how to get rid of it and also how to get persistent mode to work that would be wonderful

Just Joined!
    Persistent Settings works great, but one thing you got to remimber is that it doesn't backup each session automaticly from the live CD. So if you want to use the persistent function you got to back it up each time you make changes to your system.

The best way to see if all is working right, make personal changes such as background.

Then Click Kmenu > KNOPPIX > Configure >Save Knoppix Configuration.

It has several choices there, I choose Personel Settings, Network Settings, and Other System Settings.

After which it'll ask you where you want to save it. You can save it to any media you have that's writable. Just remimber that media has to be there when you boot into your next session.

Now to use your saved settings.

At the Knoppix boot promte. Type> knoppix myconfig=/dev/hda1
    hda1 would be replaced with your media of choice.
    You can also use myconfig=scan