Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have knoppix and as always the best part is trying to get various distros to work with my router... Ndiswrapper works and I have successfully installed the router the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

wpa_supplicant

I have knoppix and as always the best part is trying to get various distros to work with my router...
    Ndiswrapper works and I have successfully installed the router the only problem is every time I try to start wpa_supplicant with ndiswrapper it errors...Is there something more I am supposed to write I believe it has something to do with the wpa_supplicant .config file I'm sure its something simple but if I can just get the encryption working then I can connect to my network :O

You need to set up a wpa_supplicant.conf yourself before using it, it should look like this

network={
    ssid="<your essid>"
    scan_ssid=1
    key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
    psk="<WPA key>"
    }
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Just Joined!
    Thats what I was looking for thanks but its a WEP network does key_mgmt="WEP"
    and psk="<WEP KEY>" work? and where do I put the .conf file...

Just Joined!
    please....where do I put the config file...

Sorry, I forgot about this thread. I thought you were using WPA and not WEP as you detailed in the title of the message.

Read this UserDocs/FirstTimeHowTo - MadWifi - Trac
    , the section you want is Connecting to an AP with WEP
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Just Joined!
    a) No I didn't wpa_supplicant provides support for WEP
    b) can you just tell me where to put the config file you've given me everything else I need X_X...the error doesn't tell me where the config file is supposed to be...

Put it in any place, just tell wpa_supplicant where is the file
    Linux User #425940

Just Joined!
    well I'm posting this on knoppix but, theres still one problem why does Kwlan constantly spam wlan0 is connected in the bottom right....I got it the first time....

P.S:Why do they bother to include "configuration utilities" with knoppix so far not a single one has worked for me and they have all managed to be extremely buggy especially kwlan.

I don't know, they have worked just fine for me
    Linux User #425940