Find the answer to your Linux question:

Thread: wpa_supplicant

Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

wpa_supplicant

I have knoppix and as always the best part is trying to get various distros to work with my router...
    Ndiswrapper works and I have successfully installed the router the only problem is every time I try to start wpa_supplicant with ndiswrapper it errors...Is there something more I am supposed to write I believe it has something to do with the wpa_supplicant .config file I'm sure its something simple but if I can just get the encryption working then I can connect to my network :O

You need to set up a wpa_supplicant.conf yourself before using it, it should look like this

network={
    ssid="<your essid>"
    scan_ssid=1
    key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
    psk="<WPA key>"
    }
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Thats what I was looking for thanks but its a WEP network does key_mgmt="WEP"
    and psk="<WEP KEY>" work? and where do I put the .conf file...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    please....where do I put the config file...

Sorry, I forgot about this thread. I thought you were using WPA and not WEP as you detailed in the title of the message.

Read this UserDocs/FirstTimeHowTo - MadWifi - Trac
    , the section you want is Connecting to an AP with WEP
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

a) No I didn't wpa_supplicant provides support for WEP
    b) can you just tell me where to put the config file you've given me everything else I need X_X...the error doesn't tell me where the config file is supposed to be...

Put it in any place, just tell wpa_supplicant where is the file
    Linux User #425940

well I'm posting this on knoppix but, theres still one problem why does Kwlan constantly spam wlan0 is connected in the bottom right....I got it the first time....

P.S:Why do they bother to include "configuration utilities" with knoppix so far not a single one has worked for me and they have all managed to be extremely buggy especially kwlan.

I don't know, they have worked just fine for me
    Linux User #425940