Find the answer to your Linux question:
SuSE 9.1 Prof Compaq 2548 AI Synaptic touchpad First there was nothing, couldn't use the touchpad at all, only the hardware left and right buttons. I have just posted whats ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Really fast mouse

SuSE 9.1 Prof
    Compaq 2548 AI
    Synaptic touchpad

First there was nothing, couldn't use the touchpad at all, only the hardware left and right buttons.

I have just posted whats below to "help" someone else but, ...........

In SuSE I got it working from KDE control panel. You have to chose Monitor under "hardware" and then "input devices" from the left panel. Now you should be able to select Synaptic Touchpad as your input device.

PS: After this my mouse takes off at a great rate of knots after moving it more than a certain distance. ( Only when I have something to drag)

don
    Linux Newbie
    well in the KDE control panel you would have options for mouse acceleration and further configuration. You could take a look at that.
    I\'m just a simple fisherman blessed with a lot of friends

Just Joined!

Really fast mouse

Ahh, I've set allthat to be as slow and unreactive as it can, and it is but if I am dragging something, I can get about half the distance across the touchpad , not even , then it flies off the screen, highlights the whole page and does the same when I try to come back. It's almost impossible to use. I have to drag things a couple of centimetres and put them down again. Of course with highlighting this doesn't work. Thanks for the input though.