Find the answer to your Linux question:
'Ello! Well, it's obvious that I'm new to these forums, and, well... I kinda have a question. Yeah, distro question. I'm pretty good at catching on to almost any distro, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Acer Aspire 5680-6798

'Ello!

Well, it's obvious that I'm new to these forums, and, well... I kinda have a question.

Yeah, distro question.

I'm pretty good at catching on to almost any distro, save for Ubuntu. Don't ask. D: Anyways... I suppose I should give the specs n' such.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU @ 2.00GHz
    Instructions sets: MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, EM64T
    RAM: 2GB DDR2
    Graphics: GeForce Go 7600, 256MB DDR2
    120 GB HDD
    DVD-RW drive... yahyahyah stuff and such.

I'm mostly worried about hardware support n' such. I don't want to throw in a distro, and then find out later that some small, but needed part of mah laptop doesn't work, and then I need to go and find another. The distro just needs pretty good general laptop hardware support. That's all. Need something to switch from Vista with dual booting, yah'know?

Any comments are welcome!

Don't worry. Unless you have a laptop there is almost infinte hardware support with Linux. If you want a good distro, I prefer slax or Mandriva. Probably Mandriva. It's the best. But if you search on the forums, there are a bunch of people who have some questions like yours. Anyways, I recommend a Mandriva distro, or if you really want something, OpenSuSE. OpenSuSE is more like installing Windows, it takes longer then most distros, but it's really good. =D Good Luck finding one!

openSUSE.org
    Welcome / Home - Mandriva Linux