Results 1 to 2 of 2
hi there i need some help please im new in linux i have just install linux (ubuntu) on my sony vaio. this is my second day using linux in my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 09-18-2007 #1
- Join Date
- Sep 2007
shutdown &restart problem
i need some help please
im new in linux i have just install linux (ubuntu) on my sony vaio.
this is my second day using linux
in my atemtp to customize it (themes startup screen icon n others)when i try to restart or shutdown my computer i see that on exit menu shutdown and restart options does not apear.
apears only : switch user,hibernate,lock,log out and stand by options.
is anybody there who can help me to solve this prob????
- 09-18-2007 #2
try these things
1. From the menu bar choose System
2. Select the Administration menu option
3. Then choose the Login Window menu option
4. Enter your password when prompted
5. Select the Local tab
6. Check the box next to Show Actions Menu
7. Make sure Include Host Names below it is checked as well
Last edited by devils casper; 09-18-2007 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Removed Bold tag.life is the greatest opportunity that the nature had given you