Find the answer to your Linux question:
Dear All, I have had trouble to install linux on my Toshiba Satellite laptop. I try to install linux that have the same level with fedora 5, but it couldn't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Minimum Linux Version On My Toshiba Laptop

Dear All,
    I have had trouble to install linux on my Toshiba Satellite laptop. I try to install linux that have the same level with fedora 5, but it couldn't load XWindow mode, so it just could run in text mode. General specification of my laptop : Hard Disk 4.5 GB, RAM 192 MB, Intel Pentium III. It produced about 6 years ago. Is that too minimum for instalation of linux? What version of linux that can support my laptop (hardware requirement)? Btw, I will install java after the linux installed well.

I wait for the reply, soon. Thanks.

Regards,
    endang

Hi and Welcome !

Any Lightweight distro will run pretty fine on your machine. Check this Poll and pick any. Check the link in my signature too.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Hi,
    I installed ubuntu recently on a (7 year old) Toshiba Portege 3110CT. It installed with absolutely no problems and runs very well.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close