Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have an old laptop, 800mhz with 10 gig hd. I have Fedora on one partition and I will soon have Zenwalk on another partition. Both releases do not ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fedora, Zenwalk, commons apps on 3rd partition

Hi,

I have an old laptop, 800mhz with 10 gig hd. I have Fedora on one partition and I will soon have Zenwalk on another partition. Both releases do not have some apps that I would like to have, Kino, Kdenlive and others. I would like to create a third partition and put these apps on that partition and make them available to both Fedora and Zenwalk. Can it be done and if so how so? Thanks.

joe

AFAIK, its not possible. I have never used Zenwalk but you can install kino, kdenlive and a lot of other packages in Fedora. Check Freshrpms.net and Livna.org.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    Its possible with some apps, but not with the ones that you mentioned. If you were talking about apps like java, netbeans, firefox and other packages that locate all their static files in one directory then you could use a shared partition.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    There are always a few Exceptions.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First