Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am looking at buying a laptop and dual booting with xp, linux (probably ubuntu), and maybe vista when ms fixes it. I am looking at laptops with 2gb of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Looking to buy a new laptop

I am looking at buying a laptop and dual booting with xp, linux (probably ubuntu), and maybe vista when ms fixes it. I am looking at laptops with 2gb of memory, core 2 duo processor, and a monitor at least 15". If anyone has purchased a laptop like this and had an easy setup, please let me know.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I got an Inspiron 6400 - Core 2 Duo 1.66GHz, 2GB of RAM, 15.4" 1280x800, Intel wifi card and Intel onboard graphics. Everything worked out of the box. Onboard graphics save you some heat and battery but if you game much it might not work out for you.

Just Joined!
    I don't game much, so i don't need powerful graphics, but i would like to be able to run aiglx, beryl, and maybe vista (not a necessity though). What is your os setup? Does dell give you an os install cd or is it one of their custom recovery cds. Sorry if i should know this, but i have never bought a prebuilt computer. I have always enjoyed building them myself. Btw, I need a linux install for server programming. Plus, linux is so much sweeter than the others operating systems, and I would like to be able to show people at school that have never seen linux.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close