Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have bought an HP Pavilion dv6570ee notebook with the following specifications: CPU: AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-56 RAM: 2048 MB Hard disk: 200 GB SATA Hard Disk ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Which distribution for HP Pavilion dv6570ee?

I have bought an HP Pavilion dv6570ee notebook with the following specifications:

CPU: AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-56
    RAM: 2048 MB
    Hard disk: 200 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 4200 rpm
    Video Adapter: NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8400M Up to 895 MB total graphics memory with 128 MB dedicated
    Internal audio: 3D Sound Blaster Pro compatible sound 16 bit integrated
    Modem: High speed 56K modem
    Network interface: Ethernet 10/100BT integrated network interface
    Wireless technologies: 802.11a/b/g WLAN
    Display: 15.4” WXGA High Definition BrightView Widescreen 1280 x 800

Now I'm going to install GNU/linux on my notebook, I tried freespire 2.0.3 but it could not detect my video adapter! huh so I wonder which distribution is suitable?
    I am going to try Ubuntu 7.10. I just want a distribution that I can install it graphically without any command line workings, you know.
    I just want to simply install the GNU/Linux without any fine details that I don't understand anything about them!

Any major distribution will work just fine on that laptop. Very few will detect your Nvidia card out of the box, however. Most popular distributions don't include the official Nvidia driver because of legal issues. That doesn't mean you can't get it installed yourself.

Ubuntu is a good place to start. It's one of the most popular distributions right now. If you want ideas on a few more to try, I'd look at this thread:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...e-posting.html

For more general Linux information, look here:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...ead-first.html

If you have a specific question regarding a distribution you're trying to install, post a new thread and we'll do our best to help you out. Welcome to the forum.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants