Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
See ISSUE #3. I was successful with the alsa driver daily snapshot . The snapshot I mention in the text is not available any more, but I assume the newer ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

See ISSUE #3. I was successful with the alsa driver daily snapshot. The snapshot I mention in the text is not available any more, but I assume the newer ones would work just as well.

Just Joined!
    I have a pretty silly question, but I need to ask anyway:
    I have an Acer Aspire 5520 with a Slackware 12 running on it. I have installed most of the features quite nicely, but when I shut it down from Linux, after the monitor turns off, it makes a clipping sound just as the lights go out :P. I'm afraid that it might have something to do with the hard disk, or with the cd-rom, and it kind of scares me . Has anybody got any clue as to what's happening?

Just Joined!

Thumbs up

Hi kajla76

Well I have got it working again. The problem came with the Alsa update I applied after I got
    sound working before that. I though the Realtek driver would be in the latest Alsa
    Whatever I tried, it did not work, so I compiled the sound driver from the Realtek....4.07a Alsa package.
    Not the automatic Install I used the first time, but just the manual driver compile/install according to the Readme.txt
    After a reboot, the sound was back working with all mixer functions working well

So the Acer Aspire 7520 T53 run perfectly well with openSuse 10.3

Just Joined!
    I have the Acer Aspire running with openSuse10.3.
    Apart from the screen width, these laptops are pretty much alike.
    On mine, I do not hear any click at shutdown.
    Where does it happen. Doesn't it come from the speakers?
    It's not likely that it comes from the hard disk,which are on the righthand front.
    Does it happen when you use AC power or battery?

Just Joined!

Microphone

Hello.
    I recently purchase an Acer 5520 5290. Everything is working except the internal mic. I have not tested the external.

Do you know how to put it to work?

I am running Ubuntu Linux 7.10

Thanks!

Just Joined!
    Try setting the input source to 'Front Mic' (in alsamixer).

Just Joined!

Unhappy Web cam problem....

Hi..
    I use acer 5290 model and i am using Ubuntu and xp but my web cam doesn't work in xp..Maybe i don't how to install the driver.. after installing the webcam driver if i click in on the acer web cam icon.. it says that web not found..
    PLEASE HELP ME.........

Just Joined!
    This is a Linux forum. Your problem is with a Microsoft product. I feel Microsoft ought to provide you with help for their commercial product.

Just Joined!
    Did you get your hardwired connection working, or your wireless? I have the exact same laptop, exact same specs, and I see eth0 in the list of wired connections, but I don't really understand how to get the wireless working. How did you install ndiswrapper? I've been trying to two days now and I keep finding dead-ends. It needs to install this first, which needs this first, which requires internet... which I don't have due to my issue with .exe drivers. It's driving me crazy! Any suggestions?

Just Joined!
    Hello Pockie!
    I got both the gigabit ethernet controller and the wifi working.
    The gigabit ethernet (pci id 10de:054c) is driven by the forcedeth module.
    I use the ndiswrapper module (version 1.52) to drive the wireless (pci id 168c:001c).
    1. Make sure you have the ndiswrapper kernel module compiled and ready.
    2. Make sure you have the ndiswrapper package. You should have an executable called 'ndiswrapper'.
    3. Read the ndiswrapper manpage.
    4. Unzip and install the WinXP driver matching your architecture (32 or 64 bit) into ndiswrapper.
    5. Have "alias wlan0 ndiswrapper" in /etc/modprobe.d/ndiswrapper.
    6. Load the ndiswrapper module (modprobe). iwconfig wlan0 should now work.
    7. Use (for ex.) wpa_supplicant to manage the wireless interface.

In general: read the manuals, use google: everything is right there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2