Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello dear friends i have a big one problem in my laptop Amilo V2056 model I have look i install linux fedora in automaticly Partion so i reinstall the Windows ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installation Problem

hello dear friends
    i have a big one problem in my laptop
    Amilo V2056 model I have
    look i install linux fedora in automaticly Partion so i reinstall the Windows Xp
    i see someone like this Error
    Grub...
    So i solved and rebuilt MBR but right now i install the windows saying there is no any hard drive or chek Disk Properly or see virous or sme like more Error
    i finaly i not install windows so please help me how can i install windows xp and now am using Win98
    Please Please help me

How many partitions are there in your HD? Could you post partition structure along with filesystem of each partition here?

Boot up from Fedora LiveCD or any Linux LiveCD and execute this command in Terminal/Konsole
    Code:
    su -
    fdisk -l
    Post output here.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!

Exclamation Boot Problems

look sir i have 4 partion my hd
    so i again partion my hard drive coze i want to install the xp so now i have again 4 partion and get some software to rebuilt MBR but it is not work so now i install win98 but xp do not boot the error is
    There are no any hard drive found and maybe virous problems so this like error is comming sir please 14 days is running my laptop is stop and now no any body my city there to solve my problems so please please tell me the easy way to boot My hard drive 80Gb sata in windows xp

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Boot up from Fedora LiveCD and open Terminal/Konsole and execute this
    Code:
    su -
    dd   if=/dev/zero   of=/dev/sda   bs=512   count=1
    This command will *wipe* your Hard Disk. Your Harddisk will not have any partition or data. Windows Installation CD will work after that.
    In case you dont have Fedora LiveCD or it doesn't work, download PartedMagic LiveCD, boot up from it and execute 'dd' command in Terminal.

Just Joined!

Boot

Look Sir i don;t know linux fedora windows 1st and sec i just want to look fedora and insert cd in my cd room after i think thats problems makes so i don:t know any things about linux fedora so tell me how can i solved my problems in setup by setup so please help me to solved my probmes
    i again show my problems
    1st there no window xp install and i just want to install xp any version
    so there is my probmes the system saying there is no hard drive found and also install OS win98, windows Mill, Linux Fedora, Ubuntu
    so i want to install Windows Xp please am tired

Boot up from Ubuntu CD and open Terminal. Execute this
    Code:
    sudo dd   if=/dev/zero   of=/dev/sda   bs=512   count=1
    It will sort out your problem.

Just Joined!
    >This command will *wipe* your Hard Disk. Your Harddisk will not have any partition or data.
    Not to be pedantic, but that command only erases the MBR of a hard disk. Data is still present on the hard disk, although without a partition table, operating systems will have no way of accessing it. However, in some cases I've heard of people having to write zeros over the entire hard drive in order to get the Windows installer to work. If wiping the MBR doesn't work, I'd recommend the following command:
    Code:
    sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda
    It'll take quite a bit longer than the other command, but when it's done, your hard drive will contain nothing but zeros. (Well, in theory. In practice it's impossible to completely erase a hard drive.)