Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi its a intel Core Duo CPU T2400, 1.83GHz processor, 987MHz motherboard, 512mb ram and 80gb hdd. i am a bit new to linux. 1st i was trying to install ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy HP 520 laptop installing problem

hi its a intel Core Duo CPU T2400, 1.83GHz processor, 987MHz motherboard, 512mb ram and 80gb hdd. i am a bit new to linux. 1st i was trying to install ubuntu 7.04 from a live cd. but when i was trying to boot from cd, after a black-orange screen a black screen came and then a blue screen and this msg " Failed to start the x server (your graphical interface). It is likely that it is not set up corsetaly.Would u like to they X server output to diagnose the problem?" later i managed to install ubuntu but still same thing happening. later i tried to boot from Fedora live cd. still almost same thing happening. i tried to boot ubuntu from my bro's p4 desktop its working there. What to do now? pls help me.

Well 7.10 has a more capable X server release which should not fail at all but will continue to run in low graphics mode and allow you to install any extra drivers you need. You might consider downloading that or the latest, 8.04 is due in a the next few weeks.

Just Joined!
    hi thank u sir.i will download 8.04 beta one and will post result here. And sir is it possible to add a extranal graphics card?

Just Joined!
    hi again its working thanks for ur help