Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, i was wondering if there's a way to install a linux distro without having to burn the cd's. i ahve a fujitsu 655Tx, it's a very old really thin ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux on Fujitsu 655Tx

Hi, i was wondering if there's a way to install a linux distro without having to burn the cd's. i ahve a fujitsu 655Tx, it's a very old really thin laptop, with a docking station, that ahs a floppy drive and a cd drive. however, the cd drive can only read some old cd's for some reaosn. its not able to read any burned cd's, and can only read the originals. i found an old cd with redhat 6 on it, but it turned out it was a bit scratched, so i can't use it. if i ahd any original redhat cd's, it'd prollyn work. anyways, iw as wondering if i could use floppies to isntalll a linux distro, possibly redhat(suicide, i know). Thanks

Just Joined!
    you can install over the network if you have another linux computer. you can also install from usb drives

Just Joined!
    there is no usb on the computer, and only a built-in modem. it ahs 2 pcmcia ports, though, and i ahve a pcmcia ethernet card. how would i get it working

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    there are various floppy disk linuxes, those will be your best bet at this point.

Linux Links - The Linux Portal: Distributions/Floppy

Just Joined!
    i already thought about the floppy distros, but all of them are way too basic. if there was redhat 6 or newer on flopies, i'd loooove it

Men occasionally stumble over the truth,
    but most of them pick themselves up
    and hurry off as if nothing had happened.

Winston Churchill

... then the Unix-Gods created "man" ...