Find the answer to your Linux question:
Dear all, I just have installed a "Redhat Linux Enterprise WS 2.1" with kernel 2.4.9-e.12smp on my Lenovo Thinkpad T61 laptop (I need that version of Linux because of some ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] Need Linux Driver for Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad T61

Dear all,

I just have installed a "Redhat Linux Enterprise WS 2.1" with kernel 2.4.9-e.12smp on my Lenovo Thinkpad T61 laptop (I need that version of Linux because of some special softwares only supported that version. I do not want to upgrate new kernel also, because the new kernel cause my softwares can not running - It tested already).

That linux version seem be OK with the softwares, however it can not detect the graphic card: "nVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M" and network card: "Intel(R) 82566MM Gigabit Network Connection" and other devices such as Wireless, Bluetooth ... (Most important to me now is fix Graphic card)

I tried to find driver on the internet and downloaded/installed some drivers, but most is supported to kernel 2.6.x and It is not fixed.

Could you please help me how to fix and where I can download the driver? (special are Graphic and network card)

Thanks,

Just Joined!
    Pls help help ....

Just Joined!
    Any body help?

Have you tried "vesa" driver? It works well with most of Graphics Cards.
    RHEL 2.1 is very old and it does not support any of latest hardware. There is no way other than upgrading.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    WOW, it worked thank you a lot

I will ask more about network and USB card.

Thanks.