Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi..i hav recently purchased a Hp ZV5255us Laptop..its 64bit Amd Athlon 3400+ Processor..wit 512 Mb Ram..and its initally Shipped With Windows Xp Professional..the entire 60 Gb of Hard Disk Space ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Laptop Installation help

hi..i hav recently purchased a Hp ZV5255us Laptop..its 64bit Amd Athlon 3400+ Processor..wit 512 Mb Ram..and its initally Shipped With Windows Xp Professional..the entire 60 Gb of Hard Disk Space is Just in one Drive C:..its not partitioned..so i want to compleatly remove the existing partition and create 5 new partitions on 10 Gb each..Now How Do i Start about..what is the perfect steps to Format the Hard Disk..i want to Do it in a Dos Promt mode..Do i need To Hav a Start Up Disk Sort of thing..and i dont hav a floppy drive for my pc..so how do i get the prompt..i want to use dual booting betwwen Xp and Fedora..how do i start about creating the partitions..i know how to use fdisk..
    to use fdisk i think i need to be in a dos mode..out of winxp..how do i get that..
    t hanx..
    Fr3@k..

Linux Guru
    Use something like parition magic.

You can make any floppy into a bootable CD, so you could always make a Win rescue disk into a CD, then load from there.

Search the forums for a how-to on makeing a CD bootable.

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Just Joined!
    Fr3@K ...

I recently (about the same date) got a zv5255us and am running dual-boot Fedora/WinXPPro. I did the whole repartition thing and need to dual boot for various business reasons.

I've worked through some issues like Widescreen support - Text mode "jitters" - for the most part most things seem to work very well though. But I can't believe my "issues' are all resolved.

How 'bout you - I'd be interested to hear your experience so far. I'm downloading Fedora Core 3 now - getting ready to upgrade from FC1.

CB - wingman

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close