Find the answer to your Linux question:
My laptop has it, but I am not using nvidia apparently because the nvidia settings app doesn't give me an option to switch my output to s-video as a dual ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

S-video out?

My laptop has it, but I am not using nvidia apparently because the nvidia settings app doesn't give me an option to switch my output to s-video as a dual screen or a takeover of the primary screen. I couldn't even figure this out in Windows, either, so I just want to ask if anyone can get s-video out working with pclinuxos on a hp machine (mine being nx9030).

Oh crap. Oh holy freakin' crap.

I thought I'd try going to Configure Your Computer -> Hardware -> Set Up Graphical Server.

I ran a test and in it while my s-video was hooked into a TV the TV blinked to let me know something just used it, so I figured if the test was good then I'd hit Options -> 'Enable duplicate display on the second display' and hit OK and quit, and saved the settings.

Now X is messed up and everything is going by command line. How can I get my precious X back? UUUGGGHHH

(All of this being done on PClinuxOS if you couldn't manage to follow along jut an fyi)

If you're on a recent release of the X server, simply rename your xorg.conf to back it up and then restart X. It should auto configure and get you going again.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close