Find the answer to your Linux question:
I enabled right click in the linpus environment on my aspireone. from the settings menu > panel manager I accidentally deleted panel 1 that had icon for sound wireless clock ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

acer aspire one with linpus xfce4 panel problem

I enabled right click in the linpus environment on my aspireone. from the settings menu > panel manager I accidentally deleted panel 1 that had icon for sound wireless clock etc.

In the xfce4 manual there is mention of being able to drag icons to the panel bar or customize it by right clicking and following subsequent menus. Unfortunately I think something may have changed since the documentation was written because i can't do any of the above.

Is there any way to restore the xfce panel to its default settings without doing an os reinstall from cd?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by kyrillone View Post
    I enabled right click in the linpus environment on my aspireone. from the settings menu > panel manager I accidentally deleted panel 1 that had icon for sound wireless clock etc.

In the xfce4 manual there is mention of being able to drag icons to the panel bar or customize it by right clicking and following subsequent menus. Unfortunately I think something may have changed since the documentation was written because i can't do any of the above.

Is there any way to restore the xfce panel to its default settings without doing an os reinstall from cd?

im having that same problem too. i wanted to remove the four windows on the startup that contains the apps but i didn't know how to do it properly. my initial solution was to disable xfce4 from managing the desktop but then i didn't know how to add menu launchers. i tried adding a panel but there was no option to add any launcher or app to it.

you think they missed out on this?

the reason for all this madness was becuase i wanted to put a different wallpaper without the four windows blocking my view. lol

any help from anyone please! thanks in advance!

Check this links folks, it seems to be on the right path to me.
    Lost Panel in XFCE - Ubuntu Forums
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    thanks for the help.

what i really want to do right now with my linpus linux is to pattern it with XP.

- hide the 4 windows
    - put them in a launcher in the panel or a new panel on the left
    - continue as normal

xfce is not giving me an option to add applications on the existing or a new panel.

help please!