Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi, i hope you won't bash me for asking help (knowing that this is a linux forum site) but i was hoping that anyone could help me if it is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

acer aspire one

hi, i hope you won't bash me for asking help (knowing that this is a linux forum site) but i was hoping that anyone could help me if it is possible to convert an acer aspire one mini notebook from its original os of linpus linux to windows xp. thanks.

Linux Guru
    I'm sure if the drivers are available for the hardware that it would be possible. The tradeoff is that these netbooks really only came into existence because of the lower system requirements of running Linux, no licensing costs and no requirement to run antivirus (which is the performance killer on most systems). I'm almost certain it can be done but you'll be moving away from a well configured Linux system to an underpowered netbook running XP. Netbooks aren't just small laptops

Just Joined!
    i have successfully install xp pro on my acer one, it is very lag and run very slow. going to recover it back to linux, i don't know did i miss any driver that i did not install. but with the slow speed. i sure you will not like it at all.