Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, apologies if this is all basic, I'm totally new to Linux. I thought I would be able to use my Norton 360 on my new netbook but now Symantec ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

New netbook with Linux, what antivirus?

Hello, apologies if this is all basic, I'm totally new to Linux. I thought I would be able to use my Norton 360 on my new netbook but now Symantec say Linux doesn't support Norton.

When I look at Add/Remove software, Settings there's an antivirus update, 'ver 2.7.12 to replace the antivirus program with Nod32 Antivirus.'

Is this all I need, or is there a lot of other faffing about? Would it be better for me to get Windows XP then use my Norton 360 on it?

I did look around the forum but all the terms are a bit bewildering and my 'search' isn't working. Any pointers would be good, thanks.

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

Check this short article about security under Linux to get a better understanding of it all.

You can look here to find some security applications for Linux. If you find something that you are interested in, it's generally best for new users to use the default package tool for their distribution if possible.

I've personally never run an antivirus application under Linux, but that's not to say you shouldn't.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Many thanks for the inf

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close